High Halstow Parish Council
Latest update from Kent Association of Local Councils
Doorstep Crime - Tree cutting services
There have been recent reports that doorstep criminals are active in the East Peckham area - all Kent residents should be on alert.
- Residents are cold-called for tree cutting work
- Exorbitant sums of money are demanded
- The criminals drive the resident to the bank to withdraw cash
What to do
- NEVER agree to work being carried out from someone who knocks on your door uninvited
- Don't allow anyone to pressure you into having work done
- If you ask them to leave and they don't, contact the police on 999
- Use reputable traders who are members of the KCC Trading Standards approved trader scheme, run in partnership with Checkatrade
- Get a minimum of 3 quotes in writing
- Warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
- Report it
Doorstep crime is financial abuse